The Miami Dolphins returned to the practice field on Wednesday after having Tuesday off. According to Coach Philbin, the Dolphins came out sluggish (maybe too much partying at the Clevelender??). Anyway, here are some of the notable tidbits from Dolphins practice on Wednesday:
- Chris Clemons and Clyde Gates both returned to practice, but both were very limited and did most of their work on the sidelines in individual drills.
- Charles Clay had possibly his worst day of practice as a member of the Dolphins. He dropped a number of balls and even said on Twitter that he had a very rough day.
- All 3 QBs had their ups and downs on Wednesday. Matt Moore was intercepted twice and was sacked for a fumble. David Garrard didn’t look as sharp as he did in previous practices. Ryan Tannehill had some bright moments, but appeared to come back to earth following his 2 excellent practices on Sunday/Monday. Tannehill, it should be noted, worked with the 2nd team again, so he’s still waiting for his chance to join the first team offense.
- David Garrard had a nice 79 yard TD pass to Roberto Wallace. Wallace is thought by some to really be standing out in camp thus far. He’s a big bodied receiver who could really be a weapon for the Dolphins if he can maintain some consistency.
- Judging by reports, I’d say the Dolphins WR corps may look like this once final cuts are made: Davone Bess, Brian Hartline, Legadu Naanee, Chad Ochocinco, Roberto Wallace, Jeff Fuller/Clyde Gates (depending on Gates health).
- Jimmy Wilson and Rashad Jones had good practices, manning the safety spots.
After practice, Chad Johnson (formerly Ochocinco), spoke with the media. And, it was one of the more entertaining press conferences I’ve ever heard. Chad is winning the hearts of the Dolphins beat writers, but all that really matters is how he performs on the field. Here’s the uncensored video from the press conference. I will warn you that this is R rated material and is not suitable for children: