Dolphins fans, it’s time for Operation: Phinvasion!
The Miami Dolphins are about to embark on a rebuild that will hopefully set the franchise on the right track…..back to championship caliber football. While most expect the 2019 season to be a difficult one for the Dolphins, that won’t stop us from watching every game, either from the comfort of our homes, a local sports bar, or attending the game in-person.
It’s that last part that we are taking on as a challenge. PhinNation will be taking the lead to mobilize Dolphins fans across the country! How are we going to do that? We’re going to organize ‘road trips’ to invade enemy stadiums (get it? Phinvasion?). We LOVE what DolfansNYC has done with the MetLife Takeovers, but we want to take it to another level. Igor and Michelle do such a great job with that event, it’s inspired us to attempt to replicate that passion and intensity for other Dolphins road games (well, all except those in NYC, we’ll leave those to the experts!).
Now, imaging that type of atmosphere at every Dolphins away game!! We want to mobilize fans all across the country and allow Dolphins fans to enjoy Dolphins road games, with other Dolphins fans. Want to go to the Dolphins game in week 3 in Dallas? Want to sit with a few hundred Dolphins fans instead of obnoxious Cowboy fans? That’s where we come in!
So how will this work? We’re working on selecting a few games this season as a trial run for this mobilization effort. Once we’ve selected the games for this season, we’ll put together packages for you and your friends to join in the fun. Eventually, we’d like to organize Phinvasions for every Dolphins away game. Here’s a rough idea for what will be included with a Phinvasion package:
- A ticket to the game, in the ‘Phinvasion’ section of the stadium, surrounded by other Dolphins fans
- An official Phinvasion T-shirt, to let the opposing fans know our crew rolls deep!
- Entrance into a drawing for Dolphins memorabilia (Dan Marino signed football, Cam Wake signed jersey, etc.). We’ll have a drawing for each Phinvasion road trip!
- A portion of each package will be donated to the Miami Dolphins Foundation, supporting non-profit charities in South Florida.
- Opportunity to meet up with and tailgate with a TON of other Dolphins fans….in an away city!
We’re going to need YOUR help to spread the word and to see which games we target for our initial Phinvasion trips. Please answer this brief (2 question) survey by clicking here.
Just to give you an idea of what we’re trying to achieve for the Dolphins, take a look at what the 7 Line Army has done for the Mets (I’m an admitted Mets fan):
If you have any questions, tweet us @PhinNation with the hashtag #OperationPhinvasion