Will the Dolphins claim Randy Moss, or won’t they? Will he fall far enough so that they would be awarded Randy Moss, or won’t he? Will he be reunited with his college teammate Chad Pennington? It seems that all of the speculation will be answered by tomorrow afternoon.
Here is Phin Nation’s two cents. We believe that the Dolphins should put a claim in for Randy Moss. Why? Because the pros outweigh the cons. If, if he somehow fell to the Dolphins priority of the waiver wire (18th), the Dolphins should not let him pass go and should not allow him to be awarded to a team better than them in the standings.
1. He’s exactly the compliment the Dolphins need to Brandon Marshall, a receiver that can stretch the field.
2. Claiming him will keep him away from the Pats, Jets, Titans, Steelers, Chiefs, etc.
3. Claiming him if only for the sake of claiming him will cost the Dolphins money $3+ million in an uncapped year.
4. He would immediately help the Dolphins struggling red zone offense.
5. Stretching the field would take the 8th man out of the box and will make the Dolphins running game more explosive.
6. Day in and day, for the rest of this season, out our 2 young corners (Davis and Smith) would be going up against 2 great receivers (Marshall and Moss), accelerating their growth.
1. He’s the ultimate ‘diva’ receiver and could quit on the team at any time.
2. Will there be enough footballs for him AND The Beast?
3. A team oriented chemistry could be ruined by his personality.
What do you think? Do we take the risk of bringing him in? Or do the Dolphins pass and potentially allow him to end up on a team they are chasing in the standings for a wild card spot?