Speaking of the Dolphins head coach, Joe Philbin had this to say when asked if Bush would play on Sunday against the 3-0 Cardinals:
“You just need to trust your eyes, watch the film and see where he’s at,” “Obviously, health and safety of the players is the No. 1 concern. It’s important. I’m sure if he’s healthy enough, he’ll play. If he’s not, he won’t.”
I think it would take Reggie Bush waking up Friday or Saturday morning with a swollen knee for him not to play in this game. As Karlos Dansby said, Sunday’s game is a ‘must win’. There is no question that a healthy Reggie Bush would give the Dolphins a much better chance of pulling off the upset on Sunday.
Other Dolphins/Cardinals Notes:
– As of Thursday night, QB Kevin Kolb was at the hospital with his wife, as they are expecting the birth of their 3rd daughter. Kolb is the Cardinals starter and is expected to play Sunday.
– LB Jamaal Westerman, who was cut by the Dolphins this preseason, signed with the Cardinals shortly thereafter
– CB Richard Marshall’s back injury flared up today and he missed practice
– CB Nolan Carroll would likely get the start if Marshall can’t play Sunday. Carroll, however, was limited on Thursday with an Achilles injury.
– DL Darnel Dockett of the Cardinals did not practice Wednesday or Thursday due to a hamstring injury. Dockett is rarely injured and has only missed 1 game in his career. However, having not practiced, it doesn’t look good for him playing on Sunday.